Well it's been a while.
I've started a new job and it's taking some getting used to but I am a person who embraces change.
The leaves will hopefully start falling soon and the cool weather will soon follow.
In the meantime, I'll let you know who the winner of the Container Store gift card was:
It was number 27!
Thank you so much for entering. Your card will be in the mail shortly :)
Now, back to business.
I love me some baking.
I especially love chocolate chip cookies.
So what happened one night while I was craving them?
Well, I started to google some recipes for the best chocolate chip cookies ever!!
And boy did I score!
I tried it out immediately and they weren't kidding.
I followed this recipe:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.